11am Service 10 May 2020
Scripture – Psalm 96; Revelation 22
Prayer of thanks (3-5 minutes)
Circle praying – (5-10 minutes)
- Prayer for yourself and God’s work in you
- Prayer for those around you – family, neighbours, church, other churches
- Prayer for city, county, nation (particularly leadership in these times)
- Prayer for Gospel in the world
Scripture – Ecclesiastes 12:9-14
He Will Hold Me Fast (4:30)
At 11:30 the live sermon feed will begin on Facebook.
There are two ways to access it:
- Navigate to the GCBC public page at https://www.facebook.com/galwaycitybaptistchurch/
- Navigate to the GCBC website and select the link, “Facebook Live Stream” on the second graphic. www.galwaycitychurch.com
Dear GCBC Parents:
After today’s sermon, it would be a good opportunity to talk with our children/teens about what it means to “fear God.” I have included a link to an audio message/transcript from Desiring God that is very beneficial. Please read over it and hopefully it will help you as you chat with your children about the topic. I know it helped me!
Again, know that I am praying for us parents to have deep, meaningful spiritual conversations with our children/teens and that our faith grows deeper during these challenging times.
Sunday, 10th May Links:
Digging Deeper Verses (NLT) (for children & youth) – Draw or write down your thoughts
Ecclesiastes 12:13 – That’s the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone’s duty.
Deuteronomy 6:2 – and you and your children and grandchildren must fear the Lord your God as long as you live. If you obey all his decrees and commands, you will enjoy a long life.
2 Corinthians 6:18-7:1 – “And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.” Because we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God.”
Philippians 2:12b-13 – Work hard to show the results of your salvation obeying God with deep reverence and fear. For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
1 John 4:16-18 – We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world. Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love. (Ms. Mandy added the underline.)
Family Links –
- Article on fearing God (good for teens/parents) – https://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/what-does-it-mean-for-the-christian-to-fear-god
- Short video explaining fearing God – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd8RGuetrBA
- Longer video on God’s holiness – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9vn5UvsHvM