11am Service 17 May 2020
Scripture – Psalm 20; 32
Prayer of thanks (3-5 minutes)
O Lord my Rock and My Redeemer (5 min)
When I Survey the Wondrous Cross (4 min)
Circle praying – (5-10 minutes)
- Prayer for yourself and God’s work in you
- Prayer for those around you – family, neighbours, church, other churches
- Prayer for city, county, nation (particularly leadership in these times)
- Prayer for Gospel in the world
Scripture – John 1:1-18
He Will Hold Me Fast (4:30)
At 11:30 the live sermon feed will begin on Facebook.
There are two ways to access it:
- Navigate to the GCBC public page at https://www.facebook.com/galwaycitybaptistchurch/
- Navigate to the GCBC website and select the link, “Facebook Live Stream” on the second graphic. www.galwaycitychurch.com
Dear GCBC Parents:
Jason will be preaching from John 1 and speaking to Jesus being the light. Similar to previous weeks, I have listed some verses for our children and teens to read and help them explore the topic further. I’m also including a colour craft page and some links below.
I pray you are having wonderful faith conversations with your children/teens. May the Lord bless you in this amazing job we call parenting!
Sunday, 17th May Links:
Digging Deeper Verses (NLT) (for children & youth) – Draw or write down your thoughts
John 1:4-5 – The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.
John 8:12 – Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”
Psalm 27:1 – The Lord is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?
Luke 2:32 – “He is a light to reveal God to the nations, and he is the glory of your people Israel!” [Simeon speaking of Jesus.]
John 12:46 – [Jesus said] “I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark.”
1 John 1:5-7 – This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all. So we are lying if we say we have fellowship with God but go on living in spiritual darkness; we are not practicing the truth. But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.
Family Links –
- Craft idea to represent Jesus’ light – https://www.craftideas.info/html/christmas_tea_candle_light.html
- Song, “Light of the World” – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI302Av7vSI
- Christian blog for teens with lots of great articles to search – https://www.therebelution.com