11am Service 20 December 2020
- Dear GCBC Parents:
This Sunday, Jason Post will be preaching from Colossians 1:15-23 and the sufficiency of Jesus Christ as our Saviour. We learn a lot about Jesus from these verses and are encouraged by Paul to stand firm in our faith, continuing to believe in the truth of the Gospel throughout our lives. Talk to your children about how we can be certain that Jesus is the way, truth, and life. Remind them that he is the only way to know our Father and spend eternity with him. Then praise God for his wonderful salvation plan that all began even before the world was created.
Sunday, 20th December Links:
Digging Deeper for Children (print the Digging Deeper worksheet or write out the following on your own piece of paper)
- Scripture Passage – Colossians 1:15-23
Draw or write your answers to the questions following the verse(s).
- Colossians 1:15-20 – “Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation, for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see— such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him. He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together. Christ is also the head of the church, which is his body. He is the beginning, supreme over all who rise from the dead. So he is first in everything. For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ, and through him God reconciled everything to himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of Christ’s blood on the cross.” List or draw all the things we learn about Jesus in these verses.
- Colossians 1:21 – “This includes you who were once far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions.” What does this verse say about us before we believe in Jesus?
- Colossians 1:22 – “Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault.” What does this verse say about us after we believe in Jesus?
- Colossians 1:23 – “But you must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it. Don’t drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News. The Good News has been preached all over the world, and I, Paul, have been appointed as God’s servant to proclaim it.” What must we continue to do?
- Family Links –
- Bible Project video on love (click on “Chara/Joy”) – https://bibleproject.com/explore/the-advent-series/
- A wonderful Christmas video series created by Carrickmacross Baptist Church – https://www.abovethestable.com/?fbclid=IwAR17Mm4VdJtWA_hykfQ3CRgPZ3nhpyPE_FlvcGhjso22yLnpMI8-xKVzs64
- Advent Guide for individuals or families from The Village Church in Flower Mound, Texas – https://www.tvcresources.net/resource-library/guides/2020-advent-guide/