11am Service 28 June 2020
Scripture – Psalm 98-100
Prayer of thanks (3-5 minutes)
Is He Worthy (4min.30 sec.)
Across the Lands (3min. 16sec.)
Circle praying – (5-10 minutes)
- – Prayer for yourself and God’s work in you
- – Prayer for those around you – family, neighbours, church, other churches
- – Prayer for city, county, nation (particularly leadership in these times)
- – Prayer for Gospel in the world
Scripture – 2 Kings 7:1-15
Yet Not I But Christ in Me (5min. 30sec.)
At 11:30 the live sermon feed will begin on Facebook.
There are two ways to access it:
- Navigate to the GCBC public page at https://www.facebook.com/galwaycitybaptistchurch/
- Navigate to the GCBC website and select the link, “Facebook Live Stream” on the second graphic. www.galwaycitychurch.com
Don’t forget that you can access RightNow Media free of charge by following this link. There are thousands of Bible studies and other edifying programming for adults and children alike.
KIDS and YOUTH MATERIALS
Dear GCBC Parents:
Mervyn Scott, Missions Director for the Association of Irish Baptist Churches in Ireland, will be guest speaking for GCBC on Sunday. This is a wonderful opportunity to talk with your children about missions. As followers of Christ, we are all called to share the gospel message with our neighbours, others in our area, and people around the world. Being mission-minded is caring for others by sharing the Good News of salvation through faith in Jesus’s death and resurrection.
Some questions to get discussion started with your children: 1) What is the gospel message? 2) Who are our neighbours? 3) How can we tell people the good news? 4) If we can’t go around the world to share the gospel ourselves, how can we help others go?
As always, I continue to pray you are having wonderful faith filled conversations with your children. I pray for us parents to be strengthened in our own faith as we lead our children in theirs, and may we trust the Holy Spirit to work in our lives and the lives of our children.
Sunday, 28th June Links:
Digging Deeper Verses – Draw or write out your thoughts about these verses
Matthew 28:18-19 – “Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”” A disciple is one who follows a leader or teacher. What does Jesus mean when he says to go and make disciples?
Acts 1:6-8 – “So when the apostles were with Jesus, they kept asking him, “Lord, has the time come for you to free Israel and restore our kingdom?”He replied, “The Father alone has the authority to set those dates and times, and they are not for you to know. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”” Think about Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and the ends of the earth geographically. How can we apply this to our lives and where we live?
Romans 10:13-15 – “For “Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.” But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!”” For a person to believe in Jesus, what do these verses tell us must happen?
Family Links –
- Bible Project video explaining the word “witness” as part of the big story of the Bible – https://bibleproject.com/explore/witness/
- Bible Project video explaining the gospel message – https://bibleproject.com/explore/gospel-kingdom/
- Link to Baptist Missions for families to explore where Irish Baptists are working in the world (GCBC supports the Reid family in Spain!) – https://www.irishbaptistmissions.org
- Article for parents to help kids love missions – https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/10-ways-to-help-kids-love-missions
- Right Now Media (hopefully you’ve signed up for it!!) – Torchlighters episodes on Jim Elliot, Amy Carmichael, and Gladys Aylward
Activity colouring page from Mustard Seeds, “Church on Mission,” curriculum – Print page 46 onto paper (one copy for every child) and page 47 onto paper(one copy for every three children). The children colour in the picture and then place a footprint either side of the picture of the children around the world. Alternatively, you could get the children to trace their own feet directly onto the page or use paint and have the children make painted footprints onto the page. Be sure that you have enough helpers for very young children and warm soapy water to wash their feet afterwards! Remind the children that everyone all over the world needs to hear about Jesus to be rescued. Some people will never hear unless someone goes and tells them about Jesus. Paul says that those who go to tell others about Jesus have beautiful feet! Will their feet be used to tell others about Jesus?