11am Service 3 May 2020
Scripture – Psalm 88; Romans 8
Prayer of thanks (3-5 minutes)
Songs (YouTube links)
Circle praying – (5-10 minutes)
- – Prayer for yourself and God’s work in you
- – Prayer for those around you – family, neighbours, church, other churches
- – Prayer for city, county, nation (particularly leadership in these times)
- – Prayer for Gospel in the world
Scripture – Romans 8:31-39
At 11:30 the live sermon feed will begin on Facebook.
There are two ways to access it:
- Navigate to the GCBC public page at https://www.facebook.com/galwaycitybaptistchurch/
- Navigate to the GCBC website and select the link, “Facebook Live Stream” on the second graphic. www.galwaycitychurch.com
Dear GCBC Parents:
Today’s resources can be used as a guide to helping your children and teens talk about what they have been thinking and feeling over these last several weeks of social restrictions. We have an amazing God in whom we can trust during these times, and we need to remind our children and teens (as well as ourselves!) of God’s amazing attributes.
Please feel free to message me if you need more resources or aids in helping talk to your kids about their faith. I am praying for all of us to take advantage of these times to have really good spiritual conversations with our kids!
Sunday, 3rd May Links:
Reflection Statements & Verses (for children & youth) – Draw or write down your thoughts
God is OMNISCIENT…He knows everything.
I felt sad… Psalm 34:18 – The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
I felt happy… Philippians 4:4 – Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!
God is OMNIPRESENT…He is always with us everywhere.
I felt lonely… Matthew 28:20b – (Jesus says), “…And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
I felt loved… Romans 8:38a – And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love.
God is SELF-EXISTENT…He is infinitely creative.
I felt bored… Psalm 139:14 – Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvellous—how well I know it.
I felt excited… Ephesians 2:10 – For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
God is SOVEREIGN… He controls all things.
I felt scared (worried)… Philippians 4:6 – Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
I felt calm (peaceful)… Philippians 4:7 – Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Family Links –
- Article on the attributes of God (good for teens/parents) – https://intervarsity.org/blog/incommunicable-attributes-god
- Song for children about God’s attributes – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2_63yKLxOI
- See pdf photos taken from book, “The Ology,” by Marty Machowski for good explanations to children about some of God’s attributes described above