Please read the attached PDF (Church_Action_12-3-20) for more detail and explanation. If you’d rather see Jason explaining in video format, that’s available too. But, in the interest of time, here is the summary of our decisions taken related to the COVID-19 virus. Again, we would encourage you to read the PDF or watch the video for more detail.
Jason and Marek
What we are doing:
- We are CANCELING our Sunday gatherings at the school for the next 3 Sundays (through 29 March).
- This Sunday we will be streaming a sermon at 11:30am. The sermon feed can be accessed by following this link to the GCBC Facebook public page.
- The following weeks we will be continuing to stream a sermon, but will also be trying to loosely organise some “micro-communities” in homes for those interested for singing, prayer, and to watch the sermon together.
- We will be communicating through our usual channels (WhatsApp/Facebook/text messages/phone calls) but we will also be sending people to our church website and the blog page (www.galwaycitychurch.com/blog). We will be updating that page on a regular basis with information and thoughts. Please help us to disseminate that information to those who might not be familiar with these technologies.
- When physical, large-scale gatherings resume, we will have some new practices in place related to hygiene.
What we would like you to do:
- Watch the sermon stream, and, as possible depending on the format, comment to let us know you’re there. Also, invite your non-believing friends to watch the stream. We’ll be thinking about difficulty and what we are to do when we don’t have answers as we consider Ecclesiastes 7.
- Let us know if you’d be willing to open your home to a small number of people on 22, 29 March to sing, pray, and watch the sermon stream.
- Take care of one another by touching base with one another via phone or over coffee, especially remembering those who are more vulnerable.
- Take care of yourself. Follow the instructions of health care professionals. Communicate your needs to one another. Wash your hands!
- Pray. Pray for one another, that the Gospel would go forth, and for the church and our witness in the community during these times.